
This was always one of my favorite things to eat growing up and I finally found a good recipe for it (although I just realized that Natalie and Rachel probably won't like it because of the peas and the tuna lol!! sorry guys!). I also love it because it is super easy to make :)
2 small cans of tuna fish, drained
1 16 oz. package of wide egg noodles
1 can each of cream of chicken and mushroom soup
8 slices of American cheese
1/2 - 1 tsp. garlic powder (it calls for 1 1/2, but that was too garlic-y for us)
1 cup mayonnaise
1 cup of milk
2 cups frozen peas
salt and pepper to taste
Boil the egg noodles and set aside. In a medium saucepan, mix together soup, mayonnaise, milk, and garlic powder until warm. Add the cheese one slice at a time until melted. Add the tuna fish and stir until boiling. Remove from heat and mix with noodles. Top with cooked peas.
(We've also figured out it's a lot easier to mix everything together in a big plastic tupperware so that you can just put it in the fridge when you're done.)
1 comment:
Paige you are so funny. I love that you remember that I hate peas!!!! But I will try this one & maybe try it with corn in it instead!
Post a Comment